3 AANP Foundation Grant and Scholarship Funds Available
The AANP Foundation is currently offering three unique opportunities for funding.
- Merck has provided the AANP Foundation with its first multi-year grant. The focus is on innovative projects addressing healthcare disparity, cultural competency or minority health. Merck is committed to sponsoring one $10,000 grant each year for three years.
- Purdue Pharma is providing research grants for 5 applicants this year. Eligible research projects should address one of the following topics:
- Improving pain management in vulnerable populations (e.g. frail elderly, cognition-compromised patients)
- Improving chronic pain management in children and youths
- Assessing the prevalence of pain and related factors among the general primary care NP patient population
- Developing practical pain assessment tools
- Evaluating beliefs and attitudes of primary care provider NPs regarding patients with pain
- Assessing anticipated outcomes of potential regulatory changes in pain management
- The Egg Nutrition Center is funding one grant of $8000 to support the gathering of data on patient progress following surgery. The research should concentrate on elderly patients consuming high protein vs. high carbohydrate foods. The project is based on data that indicates the speed of muscle protein loss is rapid in immobilized elderly, and it explores indicators of poor intake of protein sources in hospitalized patients.
The deadline for research applications is October 24, 2011. For more information visit the AANP Foundation's website at www.aanpfoundation.org.