Call for help from Long Island Nurse Practitioners
A letter writing campaign in support of our Modernization Act has been initiated by Roman Catholic Priests from Western NY. These Rochester priests became engaged and inspired because many Catholic Charities mental health clients found themselves without a place to go for treatment because their NP lost her collaborating physician.
The community has become outraged, and the anger is spreading through New York State! If the Catholic Conference of NY gets enough letters of support, they will issue a statement on our behalf.
Here's how you can help:
Please, if you have a relationship with a Catholic priests, please do the following:
- Contact the parish priest (or ask your colleague to do so)
- Ask for a letter in support of the NP Modernization Act (A5308/S3289). The letter can simply state that this bill will increase access to health care
- The letter needs to be on church letterhead (if the priest is not a parish priest, it can be on his personal letterhead)
- The letter should be sent to Mr Richard Barnes, Executive Director, NYS Catholic Conference, 465 State Street, Albany, NY 12203, 518-434-9796 (fax),
- A copy of the letter MUST be sent to Seth Gordon, fax # 518-348-0720
This is a terrific grassroots opportunity. Let's make the most of it!